MotoGP 2018 (the video game) - Page 2 - ZX6R Forum
 5Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 21 Old 07-30-2018, 04:18 PM
World Superbike Racer
 
WildCard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Southwest Missouri
Posts: 1,689

I Ride: 2002 ZX-6R 2009 KLX 331 Supermoto
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbk1198 View Post
Ride 2 was a waste of money IMO. I got it when it was on sale on Steam for like $23 I think. The game is freakin terrible as far as physics of it. There haven't been many more games that I've cussed out more than Ride 2. Sure it has a lot of other bikes available and customization of them, but the improvements you can make are all exactly the same regardless of the bike, and most bikes suck. Like they're harder to control and just don't behave like you'd expect them too (hard to turn, or tire slides out when you get on the gas). The only good ones that are worth racing are the R1, R2 and R3 level bikes, which is basically the supersports, the superbikes, and endurance superbikes.

As far as the circuits...yeah technically there are more, but only about half or less are actual race tracks. The city stuff and mountain courses I could care less about. There's a lot of things to hit when you make even a small error on those, so they can be pretty frustrating. Online gameplay is probably just as bad, but I can't say that I know because there's pretty much never anyone on to play with. Overall, I can't say I recommend it. I'd pick any of the MotoGP games made in the last few years over Ride 2.
I like Ride 2

Have you tried using the hardest physics settings and turning all of the assists off ? Much easier to control the bikes like that since the "assists" seem to fight you and actually make it harder IMO.


Roads? Where we're going we don't need....

( _)

( _)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

Roads. ☢
WildCard is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17 of 21 Old 07-30-2018, 04:38 PM Thread Starter
Director of Moderation
 
sbk1198's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Virginia
Posts: 9,344

I Ride: '09 ZX6R
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard View Post
I like Ride 2

Have you tried using the hardest physics settings and turning all of the assists off ? Much easier to control the bikes like that since the "assists" seem to fight you and actually make it harder IMO.
Of course, I turned all that shit off right away from the first time playing. I do that on all the motorcycle racing games I've had. The physics of it are ridiculous. Play Nurburgring Nordschlaeffe with any 1000cc bike (not R1 level, the stock ones) and see how it goes. Or the Ulster course. Bikes get launched into space from a little bump, or getting off on the grass a bit, or when you ride on a curb in various turns. It's ridiculous, I almost wanted to make a video of all the ridiculous unrealistic behaviors of the bikes in that game lol

Then there's the wheeling aspect. So like in most games, you wheelie by pushing the button to sit upright while you're on the gas. Normally to set it back down you simply let go of that button so the rider tucks back in (shifts weight forward). Makes sense right? Not in Ride 2, where if you do that you instantly flip the bike over and crash You have to let off the gas first and then that other button lol

2007 ZZR600 (sold)
2006 CBR600 (sold)
2010 1198 (parted out across North America)
2013 CBR500R (sold)
2009 ZX6R (parted out across North America)
2015 R3 (sold)
2018 Ninja 400 (race bike)
2013 RSV4 (race bike)

April 2016 and April 2017 6OTM winner!
sbk1198 is offline  
post #18 of 21 Old 07-30-2018, 04:49 PM
World Superbike Racer
 
WildCard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Southwest Missouri
Posts: 1,689

I Ride: 2002 ZX-6R 2009 KLX 331 Supermoto
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbk1198 View Post
Of course, I turned all that shit off right away from the first time playing. I do that on all the motorcycle racing games I've had. The physics of it are ridiculous. Play Nurburgring Nordschlaeffe with any 1000cc bike (not R1 level, the stock ones) and see how it goes. Or the Ulster course. Bikes get launched into space from a little bump, or getting off on the grass a bit, or when you ride on a curb in various turns. It's ridiculous, I almost wanted to make a video of all the ridiculous unrealistic behaviors of the bikes in that game lol

Then there's the wheeling aspect. So like in most games, you wheelie by pushing the button to sit upright while you're on the gas. Normally to set it back down you simply let go of that button so the rider tucks back in (shifts weight forward). Makes sense right? Not in Ride 2, where if you do that you instantly flip the bike over and crash You have to let off the gas first and then that other button lol
I agree on the curbing problem. Can be fun sometimes though



I use foward and back on the analog stick to control rider movement front to back. Gives you alot more control over wheelies and stoppies.



Roads? Where we're going we don't need....

( _)

( _)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

Roads. ☢
WildCard is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #19 of 21 Old 07-30-2018, 05:04 PM Thread Starter
Director of Moderation
 
sbk1198's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Virginia
Posts: 9,344

I Ride: '09 ZX6R
Well give MotoGP 18 a try. I think so far it's the most challenging motorcycle racing game so far. All the other ones I can win from the back of the grid on any bike. In this one, so far I've had to really work for it. There have been 2 tracks so far out of 12 where I didn't win, and 2 others where I barely won only because I got out at the front on the first lap and played defensively but the AI had slightly better pace than me. In the easiest race I only won by like 5 seconds in a 5-6 lap race. In the other ones I could win by over 20 seconds. This is all on realistic difficulty. But in '18 they changed the difficulty levels. It used to be just 5 set ones that you could pick from. Now it's a slide bar with a percentage. Realistic is 100% which is where I have it set now, but they made it so it can go do 120% actually. So I'm guessing that will be hard as fuck then and I probably won't win much lol

2007 ZZR600 (sold)
2006 CBR600 (sold)
2010 1198 (parted out across North America)
2013 CBR500R (sold)
2009 ZX6R (parted out across North America)
2015 R3 (sold)
2018 Ninja 400 (race bike)
2013 RSV4 (race bike)

April 2016 and April 2017 6OTM winner!
sbk1198 is offline  
post #20 of 21 Old 07-31-2018, 05:20 AM
Squid
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Avoca Beach
Posts: 4

I Ride: 2006 ZX6R
Rossi game?, still love the old wii version

Played RIDE 2, physics are weird off the bumps and hard to power out of turns smoothly (almost need better computer mapping options in the garage)
Still love the wii motoGP. Its free these days if you know what you are doing.
But the controls never quite felt right as they tried to use motion controls (4 options)
It had classic match reenactments.
Chris Vermeulen, Phillip island in the wet, 4 laps to go from 8 place to the win. Must have played that 100 times.
What about Rossi game? a couple of years old.
bainf is offline  
post #21 of 21 Old 07-31-2018, 05:28 AM Thread Starter
Director of Moderation
 
sbk1198's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Virginia
Posts: 9,344

I Ride: '09 ZX6R
Quote:
Originally Posted by bainf View Post
Played RIDE 2, physics are weird off the bumps and hard to power out of turns smoothly (almost need better computer mapping options in the garage)
Still love the wii motoGP. Its free these days if you know what you are doing.
But the controls never quite felt right as they tried to use motion controls (4 options)
It had classic match reenactments.
Chris Vermeulen, Phillip island in the wet, 4 laps to go from 8 place to the win. Must have played that 100 times.
What about Rossi game? a couple of years old.
Never played the Rossi game for some reason. Seems like up until now I kept sticking with odd years. Started out with '13, then '15, then '17, and now just got '18. In addition to that had both Ride and Ride 2 which I didn't care for. I also tried out MotoGP '14 when it came out, but didn't like it so I never bought it. My favorite though is probably still WSBK Generations, it's unfortunate that it's so old now and doesn't look all that great by today's standards.

2007 ZZR600 (sold)
2006 CBR600 (sold)
2010 1198 (parted out across North America)
2013 CBR500R (sold)
2009 ZX6R (parted out across North America)
2015 R3 (sold)
2018 Ninja 400 (race bike)
2013 RSV4 (race bike)

April 2016 and April 2017 6OTM winner!
sbk1198 is offline  
Reply

  ZX6R Forum > ZX6R Forum > Racing

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2018 MotoGP Season (Spoilers Inside) Ilya Racing 1035 11-20-2018 09:41 PM
2017 MotoGP Season (Spoilers Inside) jd41 Racing 1587 11-18-2017 08:49 PM
MotoGp hits texas in 2013 dlj3499af Racing 15 07-21-2012 07:50 AM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome