2018 MotoGP Season (Spoilers Inside) - ZX6R Forum
 737Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1036 Old 11-12-2017, 02:44 PM Thread Starter
Pro Racer
 
Ilya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 796

I Ride: 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S, former '13 ZX6R owner
Garage
2018 MotoGP Season (Spoilers Inside)

As an MM fan, awesome end to 2017. 2018 should be just as exciting! Can't wait.

Cage: 2011 Infiniti M56x | Bikes: 2015 Vulcan S and 1989 KLR 650 | YouTube Vlog: FstLaneUkraine
For Sale: 2013 ZX-6R Parts
Ilya is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 1036 Old 11-12-2017, 04:44 PM
World Superbike Champion
 
litner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: South US
Posts: 2,477

I Ride: 2006 Zx6r 636
Garage
So who bought the winter pass?

"Danger is certain. Fear is optional." ~Unknown
"Jam Harder, Penetrate Deeper, Dispense Longer" & "In God we Trust... All Others we Monitor, Jam or Deceive"~USAF Electronic Warfare Motto
'06 ZX6R 636// If you wanna look at the upgrades... Nakita is spoiled|Cool stickers for extra hp...
---------------------------------
For daily dose of motoporn follow my feed/channel: Instagram | Youtube Star Wannabe
Quote:
Originally Posted by laggy311 View Post
Quote Level: Thomas Jefferson
litner is offline  
post #3 of 1036 Old 11-12-2017, 05:34 PM Thread Starter
Pro Racer
 
Ilya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 796

I Ride: 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S, former '13 ZX6R owner
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by litner View Post
So who bought the winter pass?
I did (I think). I just renewed like 2 days ago. I buy VideoPass every year which includes all of the off-season stuff unless I'm mistaken...even though I never really use it during the off-season lol.

Cage: 2011 Infiniti M56x | Bikes: 2015 Vulcan S and 1989 KLR 650 | YouTube Vlog: FstLaneUkraine
For Sale: 2013 ZX-6R Parts
Ilya is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 1036 Old 11-12-2017, 06:01 PM
Director of Moderation
 
sbk1198's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Virginia
Posts: 9,022

I Ride: '09 ZX6R
Thought it renews on the 14th...

Anyway, since you already started the 2018 thread, I'm just going to throw in some pre-season predictions out there:

Moto 3: My money's on Jorge Martin. Since some of the other top contenders are moving up, and I have no idea who the new guys are I'm not really sure who else would be a contender. Perhaps Migno or Bulega if they can get their shit together? Perhaps that new Foggia guy? Still, my money's on Martin.

Moto 2: This will be interesting. I'm still hoping Alex Marquez wins it, but as of now I would have to say that Oliveira is top contender. I also see Binder getting a lot of podiums next year. Will be interesting to see how Mir does in his rookie Moto 2 year.

MotoGP: Gotta stick to the one that's shown results and won 4 out of the last 5 seasons, so my money's still on Marquez. But you never know. Guessing Dovi and Lorenzo will give him a run for his money, and of course the Yamaha guys plus Zarco. So basically I think it'll be pretty much the same guys at the front. I'm not expecting any of the new guys like Luthi, Nakagami or Morbidelli to impress much.

2007 ZZR600 (sold)
2006 CBR600 (sold)
2010 1198 (parted out across North America)
2013 CBR500R (sold)
2009 ZX6R (parted out across North America)
2015 R3 (sold)
2018 Ninja 400 (race bike)
2013 RSV4 (race bike)

April 2016 and April 2017 6OTM winner!
sbk1198 is offline  
post #5 of 1036 Old 11-12-2017, 06:33 PM Thread Starter
Pro Racer
 
Ilya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 796

I Ride: 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S, former '13 ZX6R owner
Garage
Yeah my pass doesn't kick in until the 14th. That's technically the first day.

Cage: 2011 Infiniti M56x | Bikes: 2015 Vulcan S and 1989 KLR 650 | YouTube Vlog: FstLaneUkraine
For Sale: 2013 ZX-6R Parts
Ilya is offline  
post #6 of 1036 Old 11-12-2017, 08:54 PM
Track Star
 
Jtscar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 304

I Ride: 2007 zx6r
I bet morbidelli does well, or at least best of the three rookies on the rc213v
Jtscar is offline  
post #7 of 1036 Old 11-13-2017, 09:38 AM
Post Master General
 
PowerGroove's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Somewhere in Central California
Posts: 11,621

I Ride: 09 ZX6R, 12 ZX6R, 2000 ZX6R, 99 Honda Shadow 1100, 81 Honda CB900C, 04 GSXR 600
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbk1198 View Post
Thought it renews on the 14th...

Anyway, since you already started the 2018 thread, I'm just going to throw in some pre-season predictions out there:

Moto 3: My money's on Jorge Martin. Since some of the other top contenders are moving up, and I have no idea who the new guys are I'm not really sure who else would be a contender. Perhaps Migno or Bulega if they can get their shit together? Perhaps that new Foggia guy? Still, my money's on Martin.

Moto 2: This will be interesting. I'm still hoping Alex Marquez wins it, but as of now I would have to say that Oliveira is top contender. I also see Binder getting a lot of podiums next year. Will be interesting to see how Mir does in his rookie Moto 2 year.

MotoGP: Gotta stick to the one that's shown results and won 4 out of the last 5 seasons, so my money's still on Marquez. But you never know. Guessing Dovi and Lorenzo will give him a run for his money, and of course the Yamaha guys plus Zarco. So basically I think it'll be pretty much the same guys at the front. I'm not expecting any of the new guys like Luthi, Nakagami or Morbidelli to impress much.
I like these predictions.

Moto3: I am right there with you on Martin. Kid is consistently quick. I also like McPhee, Bensnyder, and Antoneli

Moto2: I think anyone NOT on a KTM needs to put in some work in the off season because both Olivera and Binder are gonna be on the podium a lot next year. I almost wish Luthi was still going to be in that series just to watch him and Marquez try to beat the KTM's.

MotoGP: I really think it's going to be anyone's game. If Yamaha figures out their chassis issues on the factory bike Vinales will be on it. I see JLo making huge improvements in the off season. I have never liked the guy but lately I do approve of his work ethic this year. He's put his head down and worked and pretty much stayed positive about his developing a new way of riding a completely different machine. (however I'm still torn about those few laps he was ignoring team orders, whether Dovi said he couldn't have kept that pace or not). Zarco will be winning races in 2018, and I've said it a few times, watch out for Jack Miller. Cal is pretty much out of the game. Dani is still fighting as long as the sun is out. Can't leave out MM or Dovi.... or VR46, Morbidelli (may be a reincarnation of a certain bushy haired Italian - RIP SuperSIC), Ianonne and Rins if Suzuki can get some more development.

2018 will be a shootout each weekend I think.

“Why do I ride as number 69? Well, it’s a number that you can still read when the bike is upside down after a crash." - Nicky Hayden

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ2112 View Post
These fine gentleman are expressing their frustration with your learning style.
YouTube: Youtube.com/MotoMedic | IG: @1MotoMedic | @powergroove75
PowerGroove is offline  
post #8 of 1036 Old 11-13-2017, 09:55 AM
Post Master General
 
jd41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Monterey, California
Posts: 5,587

I Ride: 2014 Kawasaki ZX-6R, 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300
Garage
2018 MotoGP rider line-up

Repsol Honda
Marc Marquez (End of 2018)
Dani Pedrosa (End of 2018)


Movistar Yamaha
Valentino Rossi (End of 2018)
Maverick Vinales (End of 2018)


Ducati Team
Jorge Lorenzo (End of 2018)
Andrea Dovizioso (End of 2018
)

Suzuki
Andrea Iannone (End of 2018)
Alex Rins (End of 2018)


KTM
Bradley Smith (End of 2018)
Pol Espargaro (End of 2018)


Aprilia Gresini
Aleix Espargaro (End of 2018)
Scott Redding (End of 2018)

Sam Lowes returning to Moto2.

Monster Yamaha Tech 3
Jonas Folger (End of 2018)
Johann Zarco (End of 2018)


LCR Honda
Cal Crutchlow (HRC contract until end of 2019)
Takaaki Nakagami (HRC contract, end of 2018?)
New second entry for Nakagami.


Marc VDS Honda
Franco Morbidelli (End of 2019, option for 2020)
Thomas Luthi (End of 2018?)


Pramac Ducati
Danilo Petrucci (Contracted to Ducati, end of 2018)
Jack Miller (Contracted to Ducati, end of 2018)


Avintia Ducati
Tito Rabat (End of 2018)
Xavier Simeon (End of 2019)
Hector Barbera switching to Moto2.


Aspar Ducati
Alvaro Bautista (End of 2018)
Karel Abraham (End of 2018)
commiehunter likes this.

JL99
jd41 is offline  
post #9 of 1036 Old 11-13-2017, 03:09 PM
Director of Moderation
 
sbk1198's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Virginia
Posts: 9,022

I Ride: '09 ZX6R
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerGroove View Post
I like these predictions.

Moto3: I am right there with you on Martin. Kid is consistently quick. I also like McPhee, Bensnyder, and Antoneli

Moto2: I think anyone NOT on a KTM needs to put in some work in the off season because both Olivera and Binder are gonna be on the podium a lot next year. I almost wish Luthi was still going to be in that series just to watch him and Marquez try to beat the KTM's.

MotoGP: I really think it's going to be anyone's game. If Yamaha figures out their chassis issues on the factory bike Vinales will be on it. I see JLo making huge improvements in the off season. I have never liked the guy but lately I do approve of his work ethic this year. He's put his head down and worked and pretty much stayed positive about his developing a new way of riding a completely different machine. (however I'm still torn about those few laps he was ignoring team orders, whether Dovi said he couldn't have kept that pace or not). Zarco will be winning races in 2018, and I've said it a few times, watch out for Jack Miller. Cal is pretty much out of the game. Dani is still fighting as long as the sun is out. Can't leave out MM or Dovi.... or VR46, Morbidelli (may be a reincarnation of a certain bushy haired Italian - RIP SuperSIC), Ianonne and Rins if Suzuki can get some more development.

2018 will be a shootout each weekend I think.
I don't think we have to worry much about Miller to be honest. Guy hasn't shown much other than his race in PI this year and the wet race he won last year. With how competitive motoGP is now, I can't even see him finishing in the top 6.

2007 ZZR600 (sold)
2006 CBR600 (sold)
2010 1198 (parted out across North America)
2013 CBR500R (sold)
2009 ZX6R (parted out across North America)
2015 R3 (sold)
2018 Ninja 400 (race bike)
2013 RSV4 (race bike)

April 2016 and April 2017 6OTM winner!
sbk1198 is offline  
post #10 of 1036 Old 11-13-2017, 03:19 PM
Track Star
 
Jtscar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 304

I Ride: 2007 zx6r
I like Miller, but I also tend to root for the riders who speak English Naturally.
litner likes this.
Jtscar is offline  
post #11 of 1036 Old 11-13-2017, 11:30 PM
Post Master General
 
jd41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Monterey, California
Posts: 5,587

I Ride: 2014 Kawasaki ZX-6R, 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300
Garage
#2018StartsNow

Valencia Testing Live

I know they're just testing a bunch of new/ current components but I like to like to compare the lap times overall. I might make a chart later with the some relative results.
commiehunter likes this.

JL99
jd41 is offline  
post #12 of 1036 Old 11-14-2017, 07:43 AM
Post Master General
 
PowerGroove's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Somewhere in Central California
Posts: 11,621

I Ride: 09 ZX6R, 12 ZX6R, 2000 ZX6R, 99 Honda Shadow 1100, 81 Honda CB900C, 04 GSXR 600
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbk1198 View Post
I don't think we have to worry much about Miller to be honest. Guy hasn't shown much other than his race in PI this year and the wet race he won last year. With how competitive motoGP is now, I can't even see him finishing in the top 6.
I'm merely going off of growth. He's been honing his racecraft and I'm kind of a "pull for the underdog" guy sometimes. I like his attitude and I do like watching him fight for a position. I hope he gels well with the Ducati.

Kind of blew my theory about Honda looking at him for a future factory ride

“Why do I ride as number 69? Well, it’s a number that you can still read when the bike is upside down after a crash." - Nicky Hayden

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ2112 View Post
These fine gentleman are expressing their frustration with your learning style.
YouTube: Youtube.com/MotoMedic | IG: @1MotoMedic | @powergroove75
PowerGroove is offline  
post #13 of 1036 Old 11-14-2017, 08:29 AM
Post Master General
 
jd41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Monterey, California
Posts: 5,587

I Ride: 2014 Kawasaki ZX-6R, 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300
Garage
I like Jack Miller. I think he's done well considering he started off on the crappy customer Honda his first year then proceeded to go on to the satellite rc213v with the bad engine acceleration/ traction and no, if any, updates.

Jack Miller Gives His First Impressions On The Pramac Ducati GP17

Some answers I found interesting.

Q: Was the bike like you expected after watching it riding it behind it for the past couple of years?

JM: Definitely. I was expecting of course a bike that had good contact on the rear, good exit, but also I'm really surprised at how good the entry is on the corner. And also mid-corner, the feel I get, especially through the double right here [Turn 4 and Turn 5] where you don't really touch the brakes that much in the second part and you roll in there, the bike's turning really well and I'm having a lot of fun.

Q: You are the first Ducati rider who says the bike is turning really well?

JM: Yeah? Well maybe some of them need to go and ride other bikes.

Q: What are you having to do differently?

JM: Not an awful lot. The bike definitely doesn't wheelie as much as the other thing did, and I'm enjoying that, because I can focus more on riding, especially on a tight go-kart track like we've got here at Valencia. Makes it easier just to focus on the line. The rest of it, just step by step adapting, how the bike accelerates, how the bike enters, and also mid-corner, and the different lines you sometimes have to take. The two are completely different.

JL99
jd41 is offline  
post #14 of 1036 Old 11-14-2017, 12:03 PM
MotoGP Champion
 
Sandman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 5,091
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbk1198 View Post
Thought it renews on the 14th...

Anyway, since you already started the 2018 thread, I'm just going to throw in some pre-season predictions out there:

Moto 3: My money's on Jorge Martin. Since some of the other top contenders are moving up, and I have no idea who the new guys are I'm not really sure who else would be a contender. Perhaps Migno or Bulega if they can get their shit together? Perhaps that new Foggia guy? Still, my money's on Martin.

Moto 2: This will be interesting. I'm still hoping Alex Marquez wins it, but as of now I would have to say that Oliveira is top contender. I also see Binder getting a lot of podiums next year. Will be interesting to see how Mir does in his rookie Moto 2 year.

MotoGP: Gotta stick to the one that's shown results and won 4 out of the last 5 seasons, so my money's still on Marquez. But you never know. Guessing Dovi and Lorenzo will give him a run for his money, and of course the Yamaha guys plus Zarco. So basically I think it'll be pretty much the same guys at the front. I'm not expecting any of the new guys like Luthi, Nakagami or Morbidelli to impress much.

Marquez is going to be there. I think the biggest variable in what happens in the 2018 season will depend very highly on how much Yamaha listens to their factory riders.



Also - side question. Is marquez still on the 2014 frame? I know he used it in 2015 and 2016.
Sandman is offline  
post #15 of 1036 Old 11-14-2017, 12:44 PM
MotoGP Champion
 
Sandman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 5,091
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilya View Post
I did (I think). I just renewed like 2 days ago. I buy VideoPass every year which includes all of the off-season stuff unless I'm mistaken...even though I never really use it during the off-season lol.

Same thing happened to me. I got an email saying my subscription had been renewed. Oh well. "Free" access to watch winter testing, I guess.
Sandman is offline  
Reply

  ZX6R Forum > ZX6R Forum > Racing

Tags
moto2 , moto3 , motogp , racing

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2018 WSBK/ STK/ WSS Season (Spoilers Inside) jd41 Racing 159 10-29-2018 05:36 AM
MotoGP Season Pass ObiWanJacoby Racing 15 03-24-2017 10:00 AM
WORLDSUPERBIKE CAHMPION.. spoilers inside bod The ZX6R 3 10-03-2011 04:02 PM
World superbike...... Spoilers inside.. bod The ZX6R 8 05-09-2011 03:54 AM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome