2018 WSBK/ STK/ WSS Season (Spoilers Inside) - Page 10 - ZX6R Forum
 45Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #136 of 160 Old 08-23-2018, 07:26 PM
Track Star
 
5hift's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Jamaica
Posts: 294

I Ride: 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbk1198 View Post
Me too lol...but it seems to work quite a bit cuz he makes himself so wide on corner entry that people hesitate to pass him on the inside lol

Tell him what he's won Vanna

https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocia...k-it-was-dirty
jd41 likes this.
5hift is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #137 of 160 Old 09-16-2018, 10:59 AM
Director of Moderation
 
sbk1198's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Virginia
Posts: 9,328

I Ride: '09 ZX6R
Race 1 was kind of a snoozer. Race 2 was more entertaining at least in the first half. I was surprised to see Chaz put up a good fight to Rea who was approaching quickly, but then once he got passed by VDM and Melandri it looked like he gave up and started falling back. That was disappointing to see. At this point Rea has like 116 point lead with 6 races left. Championship #4 is definitely his. Hope Chaz can hang on to 2nd place though.

The craziest shit was in WSS right at the end. I felt sooo bad for Mahias. I don't really care who wins the championship there as I'm not really rooting for anyone in particular, but Mahias got robbed so hard in that race that I can't help but feel really sorry for him. At the end with race direction's decision it was basically kicking him repeatedly while he's down lol
WildCard likes this.

2007 ZZR600 (sold)
2006 CBR600 (sold)
2010 1198 (parted out across North America)
2013 CBR500R (sold)
2009 ZX6R (parted out across North America)
2015 R3 (sold)
2018 Ninja 400 (race bike)
2013 RSV4 (race bike)

April 2016 and April 2017 6OTM winner!
sbk1198 is offline  
post #138 of 160 Old 09-16-2018, 08:46 PM
World Superbike Racer
 
WildCard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Southwest Missouri
Posts: 1,658

I Ride: 2002 ZX-6R 2009 KLX 331 Supermoto
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbk1198 View Post
Race 1 was kind of a snoozer. Race 2 was more entertaining at least in the first half. I was surprised to see Chaz put up a good fight to Rea who was approaching quickly, but then once he got passed by VDM and Melandri it looked like he gave up and started falling back. That was disappointing to see. At this point Rea has like 116 point lead with 6 races left. Championship #4 is definitely his. Hope Chaz can hang on to 2nd place though.

The craziest shit was in WSS right at the end. I felt sooo bad for Mahias. I don't really care who wins the championship there as I'm not really rooting for anyone in particular, but Mahias got robbed so hard in that race that I can't help but feel really sorry for him. At the end with race direction's decision it was basically kicking him repeatedly while he's down lol
I wonder if Chaz is still struggling from his injury and when vDM and Marco passed him he just said "the hell with this" and decided fourth was good enough. I'm sure trying to hold off Rea for so many laps was wearing him down.

I also wonder if Ducati is regretting letting Marco go for 2019 since he has really been coming on strong in the second half of the championship and might very well be a title contender next year depending on where he ends up.


Roads? Where we're going we don't need....

( •_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

Roads. ☢
WildCard is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #139 of 160 Old 09-16-2018, 10:43 PM
Director of Moderation
 
sbk1198's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Virginia
Posts: 9,328

I Ride: '09 ZX6R
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard View Post
I wonder if Chaz is still struggling from his injury and when vDM and Marco passed him he just said "the hell with this" and decided fourth was good enough. I'm sure trying to hold off Rea for so many laps was wearing him down.

I also wonder if Ducati is regretting letting Marco go for 2019 since he has really been coming on strong in the second half of the championship and might very well be a title contender next year depending on where he ends up.
Who knows...I do think Davies is the better option between the two of them. I mean results speak for themselves in the last few years. But Melandri is a pretty solid rider. Maybe they think he's a bit too old? Maybe he's a prick and they don't like to work with him? No idea...but maybe they just really really wanted Bautista for some reason so they had to let one go.

2007 ZZR600 (sold)
2006 CBR600 (sold)
2010 1198 (parted out across North America)
2013 CBR500R (sold)
2009 ZX6R (parted out across North America)
2015 R3 (sold)
2018 Ninja 400 (race bike)
2013 RSV4 (race bike)

April 2016 and April 2017 6OTM winner!
sbk1198 is offline  
post #140 of 160 Old 09-17-2018, 10:40 AM
Pro Racer
 
russperry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 758

I Ride: '06 ZX6R, '14 Ninja 1000, '08 FJR, '06 GSXR 600, '11 KTM 690 Enduro R, '08 GSXR750
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbk1198 View Post
Who knows...I do think Davies is the better option between the two of them. I mean results speak for themselves in the last few years. But Melandri is a pretty solid rider. Maybe they think he's a bit too old? Maybe he's a prick and they don't like to work with him? No idea...but maybe they just really really wanted Bautista for some reason so they had to let one go.
Melandri looks to me to be the Pedrosa of SBK. Good enough to hang onto a factory ride but time has passed by.

I guess it depends on how the team looks at the riders, both from a results standpoint, and from a fan interest perspective.

In this case, an Italian rider on the Ducati factory bike seems a better marketing story than a somewhat forgettable Spaniard from MotoGP, but maybe there's a back story to it? Bautista's married to the daughter of the Ducati CEO, Melandri's girlfriend is too frickin' distracting (at least for me), etc...

If I was sitting in the Ducati team center, I'd pick a younger rider with some broader appeal if I was going to shit can Melandri. How about Fenati? I hear he's available....

'06 ZX6R, '08 FJR1300, '06 GSXR 600, '14 Ninja 1000, '11 KTM 690 Enduro, '08 GSXR750

On the Ninja - Galfer rotors, '09 calipers, Brembo RCS M/C, Beet exhaust, Carrozzeria wheels, Ohlins cartridge kit, Ohlins Shock, Ohlins damper, Woodcraft rearsets, Healtech QuickshifterEasy
russperry is offline  
post #141 of 160 Old 09-17-2018, 03:43 PM
Director of Moderation
 
sbk1198's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Virginia
Posts: 9,328

I Ride: '09 ZX6R
Quote:
Originally Posted by russperry View Post
Melandri looks to me to be the Pedrosa of SBK. Good enough to hang onto a factory ride but time has passed by.

I guess it depends on how the team looks at the riders, both from a results standpoint, and from a fan interest perspective.

In this case, an Italian rider on the Ducati factory bike seems a better marketing story than a somewhat forgettable Spaniard from MotoGP, but maybe there's a back story to it? Bautista's married to the daughter of the Ducati CEO, Melandri's girlfriend is too frickin' distracting (at least for me), etc...

If I was sitting in the Ducati team center, I'd pick a younger rider with some broader appeal if I was going to shit can Melandri. How about Fenati? I hear he's available....
LOL at the Fenati remark!

Shit I didn't know Bautista was married into the Ducati family lol That explains a lot then! But to be fair Melandri is also a has-been from MotoGP. His glory days were in GP not WSBK. I think the best he's done in WSBK was around 2011 when he was on a Yamaha and finished 2nd if I recall behind Carlos Checa, and that was mainly because Biaggi got injured and missed a bunch of races. Melandri's always been a solid rider, but there's always been someone better. I think he might've won a 250GP championship when he was younger but I'm too lazy to google that now and I don't really care that much about it lol

I agree that Ducati should've got someone younger, but my guess is they're just desperate to win again so they'd rather get someone with experience who can win right away instead of getting a younger guy and develop him as a rider while he develops the bike. I can see both sides I guess. Davies is at the point where he's got plenty of experience and skill, and he knows how to win on a Ducati. So they have the experience and age with him...if it was me I'd be getting a young guy like you said which would be a good addition to the team.

I would've either taken a big chance with an american (cuz I'm biased obviously) and went with JD Beach or Garrett Gerloff, or Beaubier (although I doubt he'd ever leave Yamaha) or would've looked at getting Bradley Ray from BSB. That dude has been pretty impressive and he's only like 21.

2007 ZZR600 (sold)
2006 CBR600 (sold)
2010 1198 (parted out across North America)
2013 CBR500R (sold)
2009 ZX6R (parted out across North America)
2015 R3 (sold)
2018 Ninja 400 (race bike)
2013 RSV4 (race bike)

April 2016 and April 2017 6OTM winner!
sbk1198 is offline  
post #142 of 160 Old 09-28-2018, 08:10 PM Thread Starter
Post Master General
 
jd41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Monterey, California
Posts: 5,826

I Ride: 2014 Kawasaki ZX-6R, 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300
Garage
Suprise! Rea gonna take this year too. lol

I've been thinking about what could level out the field without increasing cost or making concessions and all I can think about is banning TC but I'm afraid that it would make Rea even more powerful than he already is.

JL99
jd41 is offline  
post #143 of 160 Old 09-29-2018, 05:14 PM Thread Starter
Post Master General
 
jd41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Monterey, California
Posts: 5,826

I Ride: 2014 Kawasaki ZX-6R, 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300
Garage
The best part of having a WSBK subscription is going away...

European Superstock 1000 Championship no longer to continue into 2019

Gawernator and mikier6 like this.

JL99
jd41 is offline  
post #144 of 160 Old 09-29-2018, 08:46 PM
World Superbike Racer
 
WildCard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Southwest Missouri
Posts: 1,658

I Ride: 2002 ZX-6R 2009 KLX 331 Supermoto
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd41 View Post
The best part of having a WSBK subscription is going away...

European Superstock 1000 Championship no longer to continue into 2019

I was pretty disappointed to hear that STK1000 was ending after this year. I really enjoyed the series. Since WSBK machines are more "stock" than ever at this point, I can understand why they would discontinue the series. Especially in light of the declining interest in motorcycling i'm sure has manufacturers and sponsors being less likely to throw money at the STK1000 class.
Gawernator and sbk1198 like this.


Roads? Where we're going we don't need....

( •_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

Roads. ☢
WildCard is online now  
post #145 of 160 Old 09-30-2018, 09:49 AM Thread Starter
Post Master General
 
jd41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Monterey, California
Posts: 5,826

I Ride: 2014 Kawasaki ZX-6R, 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300
Garage
jd41 is offline  
post #146 of 160 Old 09-30-2018, 08:10 PM
World Superbike Racer
 
WildCard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Southwest Missouri
Posts: 1,658

I Ride: 2002 ZX-6R 2009 KLX 331 Supermoto
Garage
Good for her ! Hopefully this is just the first in a long career of racing wins.


Roads? Where we're going we don't need....

( •_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

Roads. ☢
WildCard is online now  
post #147 of 160 Old 10-01-2018, 09:21 PM
Director of Moderation
 
sbk1198's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Virginia
Posts: 9,328

I Ride: '09 ZX6R
Congrats to Carrasco and congrats to Rea...again!

I feel really bad for Deroue though, even though I wanted Ana to win the championship. That's a pretty sad way to lose that chance though. No fault of his own, just a mechanical failure on his bike. That sucks big time!

Rea...not much to say about that. I think everyone knew it was coming like 3 months ago lol At this point he's the most successful WSBK rider in the history of WSBK.
Gawernator and mikier6 like this.

2007 ZZR600 (sold)
2006 CBR600 (sold)
2010 1198 (parted out across North America)
2013 CBR500R (sold)
2009 ZX6R (parted out across North America)
2015 R3 (sold)
2018 Ninja 400 (race bike)
2013 RSV4 (race bike)

April 2016 and April 2017 6OTM winner!
sbk1198 is offline  
post #148 of 160 Old 10-01-2018, 09:22 PM
Director of Moderation
 
sbk1198's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Virginia
Posts: 9,328

I Ride: '09 ZX6R
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard View Post
I was pretty disappointed to hear that STK1000 was ending after this year. I really enjoyed the series. Since WSBK machines are more "stock" than ever at this point, I can understand why they would discontinue the series. Especially in light of the declining interest in motorcycling i'm sure has manufacturers and sponsors being less likely to throw money at the STK1000 class.
That does suck, but it has been kind of boring this year. I enjoyed the class more in the last few years. Also, that's the only series where European bikes are dominating so that was kinda nice to see lol
Gawernator likes this.

2007 ZZR600 (sold)
2006 CBR600 (sold)
2010 1198 (parted out across North America)
2013 CBR500R (sold)
2009 ZX6R (parted out across North America)
2015 R3 (sold)
2018 Ninja 400 (race bike)
2013 RSV4 (race bike)

April 2016 and April 2017 6OTM winner!
sbk1198 is offline  
post #149 of 160 Old 10-02-2018, 08:08 AM
MotoGP Champion
 
Gawernator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Brentwood, CA
Posts: 2,906

I Ride: 2015 ZX-6R; 1999 KX125; 2003 YZ450F SM
Garage
I forgot there even was a stock 1000 FIM class. Makes sense ... still sad though. Motorsports isn’t looking good

AFM #725 Thanks to my 2019 Sponsors:
JPH Suspension | AXO Racing | Armour Bodies | | EVLUTION Nutrition | Galfer | Motion Pro | MOTUL | Matrix Racing Concepts | ODI Grips | OGIO | Shorai Inc. | Vortex | Woodcraft | Wicked Audio
http://www.gawerracing.com
Gawernator is offline  
post #150 of 160 Old 10-11-2018, 02:30 PM Thread Starter
Post Master General
 
jd41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Monterey, California
Posts: 5,826

I Ride: 2014 Kawasaki ZX-6R, 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300
Garage
So STK1000 is out but WSBK will have 3 races per even starting in 2019.

If I understand it correctly, it consists of 2 full length races with 1 sprint race. So Race 1 is on Saturday, then the Sprint race on Sunday at 11:00 followed by Race 2.

---

Three races set to be introduced into WorldSBK race format in 2019

JL99
jd41 is offline  
Reply

  ZX6R Forum > ZX6R Forum > Racing

Tags
2018 , stk , wsbk , wss

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2017 MotoGP Season (Spoilers Inside) jd41 Racing 1587 11-18-2017 08:49 PM
2017 WSBK Season (Spoilers Inside) jd41 Racing 303 11-06-2017 07:07 PM
2017 MotoAmerica Season (Spoilers Inside) jd41 Racing 73 10-26-2017 11:43 AM
2016 WSBK Season (Spoilers Inside) PainfullySlo Racing 310 05-13-2017 10:45 AM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome