2006 636 engine in 600 frame
Hi, I'm new, so if this is in the wrong spot, please let me know.
I picked up a sweet 2006 ZX6RR this week. I absolutely love this bike. There is a problem. the previous owner spit a valve and tore the top end off the engine. I am missing the head and the #3 piston. Other than that, it is complete and in good condition.
Here is what I think I know...
1. 05-06 600 and 636 engines can be changed from one frame to another.
2. The main differences between a 600 and a 636 engines are that the 600 has a close ratio transmission and the bore and stroke are both different.
3. 600 and 636 motors use different crankshafts (different strokes).
4. 600 and 636 motors use the same cases.
5. 600 and 636 motor cams are interchangeable.
Here is what I think my options are due to the lack of 600cc used parts/engines:
1. Replace 2006 600cc engine with 2005-06 636cc engine.
2. Put a 2005-06 636cc cylinder head onto the 2006 600cc cylinder.
Here are my questions:
1. If I put a 636 engine in my 600 frame, will my fuel injection and ignition systems work?
2. Can I put a 636 head onto a 600 engine and cylinders?
Thank you for any help you can give.