QS with Auto-Blip UpShifts & Auto-Blip DownShifts - ZX6R Forum
 7Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 09-08-2019, 01:22 AM Thread Starter
Superbike Champion
 
Texas636's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Enid, OK
Posts: 907

I Ride: 2007 V-Star 1300, 2014 ZX-6R, 1986 Yamaha YZ250 (bored & stroked - 2 stroke)
QS with Auto-Blip UpShifts & Auto-Blip DownShifts

OK, so I've had it with FlashTune. If you search on here, you'll find long post by me and others about how I'm displeased with thrm and that's putting it lightly.

Every new model bike they make, they take the time for R&D, Programming & Launch their new products for every bike, except the ZX-6R's! Even though, the 2013-2018 ZX-6R was the new model year hike when they released these for other bikes in 2014 & 2015..
I've been waiting on these products thst were promised to me for years.. Ever since 2014..
QS with Auto-Blip DOWNSHIFTER
FTECU ECU Based Auto-Tune (Bazzaz Z-Gi & Z-AFM and PC5 & Auto-Tune in all one package. AKA it can Data log (Bazzaz) AND Auto-Tune on the fly (Dyno Jet)

FT3CU coded most of it and forgot about it with no improvements, corrections or even actual dyno tuned, just changed easy drop down menu items everyone would disable anyway. They can't even change the speedometer for better accuracy & tons more things that others do.

So I'm looking to sell my $350 FTECU Hardware,
My $500+ Bazzaz Setup; Z-Fi, Z-AFM, Dual Fuel Map Switch Selector

May go with those crazy expensive mofos. Forgot who they are called. Not Guilty. They are crazy stupid expensive, as I want everything, Auto-Tune, Database, Wideband O2 Sensor Gauge with VBox Data Logging with Auto-Tuner, QS & even some other beat stuff. Runs like, $1200.. Will have to buy just the first package & then the Race Package later.


Anyway, my question is this. FTEVU has the best QuickShifter on the market. But since they won't spend the $500 MAX to take the code from the ZX10R & make minor tweaks, I can't get their Auto-Blip Down Shifter.
So I'm looking for one that Auto-Blips on the up & on the downs..
Anyone?

For $350 to flash your own bike, it's the best. I love this aspect of it. It's the.. Other stuff that every other bikes get, but not us..
Hands down, it's a new bike. Easier to ride, no more choppy throttle, memory on your KTR-C TC Settings, etc..

Anyone else have FTECU? We all need to write an email bitching about this to them. They said they're not developing it for our bikes, because they haven't received any demand about it.

If they roll these two out, I don't care about their other products like ABS Delete or Race Wiring Harness like the R6.

2014 ZX-6R 636: M4 Street Slayer Exhaust, FlashTune Bike Tuning Kit, Bazzaz Z-Fi, Z-AFM, MJS Headers, K&N Race Air Filter, RaceTech Gold Valve Fork Kit w/ Bottom & Top-Out Mod, reshimmed & RT Fork Springs, RaceTech Gold Valve Shock w/ Refreshed internals & RT Powdercoated Lime Green Spring, D.I.D Gold Chain, Vortex -1 front sprocket, PMP Sprockets Anodized Green +2 rear aluminum sprocket (-1/+2), GPVR4, Fender Eliminator Kit, MotoDynamics Smoked Integrated LED Taillight, '13 Lower Green Fairings, R6 Throttle Tube, Pro Grip Padded Tank Pad, Stomp Grip Clear Tank Pads, Pazzo IFX Candy Green Shorty Levers, Raskal Graffiks Wheel Decals, Puig Double Bubble Dark Smoke Windscreen, Driven Block-Off Plates, Driven Gold Spools, Morimoto Mini H1 7.0 Bi-Xenon Projectors, Morimoto 5Five 50w 6000k HID's, (6) Morimoto XC RGB Angel Eyes, Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa's, etc...
Texas636 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 17 Old 09-08-2019, 12:09 PM
Team Green
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 176
maybe i got this wrong but your bike has cables (not fly by wire like the 18/19 model?) so you cant just flash autoblipper.

you need something like this
https://www.proshift.com/proshift_do...t_auto_blipper
jd41 and WildCard like this.
gruntymotor is offline  
post #3 of 17 Old 09-08-2019, 01:14 PM
Post Master General
 
jd41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Monterey, California
Posts: 5,653

I Ride: 2014 Kawasaki ZX-6R, 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300
Garage
Our bikes don't have drive by wire. Not possible unless you but the one @gruntymotor suggests
Gawernator and WildCard like this.

JL99
jd41 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 17 Old 09-08-2019, 04:00 PM
ZX6r.com Supporting Member
Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Boise, ID
Posts: 576

I Ride: 2014 Ninja 636 ABS - SOLD
Wrong post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellonearth View Post
I actually have pretty average sized balls but i have a "thick cock"
TurbineTech is offline  
post #5 of 17 Old 09-09-2019, 02:24 PM
Pro Racer
 
PinoyRider88's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: PA
Posts: 652

I Ride: '13 ZX-6R
Garage
Not gonna lie this is part of the reason the 2017 YZF-R6. Translogic makes an auto blipper/QS for $499. Plug and play installation, however I also know that the R6 has ride by wide install.

After doing the double-header at Main this weekend, I can definitely say I do not have the confidence to promptly downshift for corner entry as fast as I would like to. Part of the reason I got a quickshifter in the first place was I realized how genuinely quicker it is to overtake on straights compared to using the clutch.
Gawernator likes this.

2013 ZX-6R
Hindle Exhaust(Can), SHOGUN FS, ASV shorty levers, Renthal C/O, BMC Airfilter,
2017 FZ-09(Street Queen). Akra Exhaust, Woodcraft everything else.
"The race is long and in the end its only with yourself"
PinoyRider88 is offline  
post #6 of 17 Old 09-09-2019, 03:14 PM
Superbike Champion
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 977
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinoyRider88 View Post
Part of the reason I got a quickshifter in the first place was I realized how genuinely quicker it is to overtake on straights compared to using the clutch.
Ever heard of clutchless upshifting?
Duc995 is offline  
post #7 of 17 Old 09-09-2019, 04:51 PM
Post Master General
 
jd41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Monterey, California
Posts: 5,653

I Ride: 2014 Kawasaki ZX-6R, 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc995 View Post
Ever heard of clutchless upshifting?
Ever heard of clutchless downshifting?

JL99
jd41 is offline  
post #8 of 17 Old 09-09-2019, 06:13 PM
Superbike Champion
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 977
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd41 View Post
Ever heard of clutchless downshifting?
Only with auto-blip setups... or MotoGP bikes.
Duc995 is offline  
post #9 of 17 Old 09-09-2019, 06:31 PM
Post Master General
 
jd41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Monterey, California
Posts: 5,653

I Ride: 2014 Kawasaki ZX-6R, 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc995 View Post
Only with auto-blip setups... or MotoGP bikes.
I usually only clutchless blip when I'm holding my hand out to exit the track
Gawernator likes this.

JL99
jd41 is offline  
post #10 of 17 Old 09-10-2019, 09:02 AM
Track Star
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NOVA
Posts: 479

I Ride: '12 ZX6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinoyRider88 View Post
Not gonna lie this is part of the reason the 2017 YZF-R6. Translogic makes an auto blipper/QS for $499. Plug and play installation, however I also know that the R6 has ride by wide install.

After doing the double-header at Main this weekend, I can definitely say I do not have the confidence to promptly downshift for corner entry as fast as I would like to. Part of the reason I got a quickshifter in the first place was I realized how genuinely quicker it is to overtake on straights compared to using the clutch.
Quick shifters don't help nearly to the degree that most make them out to. They are nice to have, sure, but once you've fine tuned your upshifting and time the throttle chop perfect, it's just as quick.

If you're not confident on down shifts, work on it.

WERA Expert #37
N2 Track Days Control Rider
'12 ZX6 - 3 Marines Racing Endurance Team Bike
'07 ZX6
Sportbike Track Gear
Woodcraft
Andrew Swenson Design
N2 Track Days
It is always those that use their brakes the least that want to upgrade them the most.
Otto Man is offline  
post #11 of 17 Old 09-10-2019, 10:05 AM
Pro Racer
 
PinoyRider88's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: PA
Posts: 652

I Ride: '13 ZX-6R
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Man View Post
Quick shifters don't help nearly to the degree that most make them out to. They are nice to have, sure, but once you've fine tuned your upshifting and time the throttle chop perfect, it's just as quick.



If you're not confident on down shifts, work on it.


I got better towards the end of the day with my downshifts at T1 on Summit Main. Main thing I realized I needed to do that I hadn’t been doing was semi-preloading the shift lever to be able to downshift effectively. Before I was just stomping on it like someone that sees a flaming pile of dogshit outside their door.

Far better effective and efficient downshifts from there.

2013 ZX-6R
Hindle Exhaust(Can), SHOGUN FS, ASV shorty levers, Renthal C/O, BMC Airfilter,
2017 FZ-09(Street Queen). Akra Exhaust, Woodcraft everything else.
"The race is long and in the end its only with yourself"
PinoyRider88 is offline  
post #12 of 17 Old 09-12-2019, 03:57 PM
Squid
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Man View Post
Quick shifters don't help nearly to the degree that most make them out to. They are nice to have, sure, but once you've fine tuned your upshifting and time the throttle chop perfect, it's just as quick.

If you're not confident on down shifts, work on it.
+1 to this. I wanted an autoblipper real bad a couple years ago so I bought an RSV4. I continued to use my ZX-6R on the track, though, and I forced myself to learn how to let the slipper clutch do its thing. Once I learned to just shift as quickly as possible and let the slipper work, I no longer cared about an autoblipper. You might feel the rear dance around on you a touch because most of the weight is on the front under hard braking, but it's no big deal, and actually quickshifters can miss sometimes on the downshift, which is distracting when you're braking hard and getting ready for the turn (I've experienced missed downshifts on both the S1000RR and RSV4 autoblippers).
Gravisman is offline  
post #13 of 17 Old 09-12-2019, 03:59 PM
Squid
 
bigmtnskier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New England
Posts: 29

I Ride: 2016 Kawasaki ZX6R 636 KRT Edition, 2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas636 View Post
OK, so I've had it with FlashTune. If you search on here, you'll find long post by me and others about how I'm displeased with thrm and that's putting it lightly.

Every new model bike they make, they take the time for R&D, Programming & Launch their new products for every bike, except the ZX-6R's! Even though, the 2013-2018 ZX-6R was the new model year hike when they released these for other bikes in 2014 & 2015..
I've been waiting on these products thst were promised to me for years.. Ever since 2014..
QS with Auto-Blip DOWNSHIFTER
FTECU ECU Based Auto-Tune (Bazzaz Z-Gi & Z-AFM and PC5 & Auto-Tune in all one package. AKA it can Data log (Bazzaz) AND Auto-Tune on the fly (Dyno Jet)

FT3CU coded most of it and forgot about it with no improvements, corrections or even actual dyno tuned, just changed easy drop down menu items everyone would disable anyway. They can't even change the speedometer for better accuracy & tons more things that others do.

So I'm looking to sell my $350 FTECU Hardware,
My $500+ Bazzaz Setup; Z-Fi, Z-AFM, Dual Fuel Map Switch Selector

May go with those crazy expensive mofos. Forgot who they are called. Not Guilty. They are crazy stupid expensive, as I want everything, Auto-Tune, Database, Wideband O2 Sensor Gauge with VBox Data Logging with Auto-Tuner, QS & even some other beat stuff. Runs like, $1200.. Will have to buy just the first package & then the Race Package later.


Anyway, my question is this. FTEVU has the best QuickShifter on the market. But since they won't spend the $500 MAX to take the code from the ZX10R & make minor tweaks, I can't get their Auto-Blip Down Shifter.
So I'm looking for one that Auto-Blips on the up & on the downs..
Anyone?

For $350 to flash your own bike, it's the best. I love this aspect of it. It's the.. Other stuff that every other bikes get, but not us..
Hands down, it's a new bike. Easier to ride, no more choppy throttle, memory on your KTR-C TC Settings, etc..

Anyone else have FTECU? We all need to write an email bitching about this to them. They said they're not developing it for our bikes, because they haven't received any demand about it.

If they roll these two out, I don't care about their other products like ABS Delete or Race Wiring Harness like the R6.
The ZX6R is throttle by cable, there are only 2 companies that make a system for Auto-blipping downshifting, Pro Shift and IRC I believe, either way they are expensive $1K and require someone with skills to integrate their functionality correctly. Pro Shift has the most experience and been around longer working with the ZX6R. You can't use the ZX10R as a comparison, as it is throttle by wire, any bike that has throttle by wire can have auto-blipping added to it via a flash and tuning.

2016 ZX6R 636 KRT
Akrapovic exhaust system
Ohlins Suspension
Lightech rearsets
PSR adjustable GP levers
Apex Clip Ons with risers
Puig Windscreen
Woodcraft spools and axle slider
Galfer steel brake lines
bigmtnskier is offline  
post #14 of 17 Old 09-12-2019, 04:14 PM
World Superbike Racer
 
jimundascores's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: The Dirty South
Posts: 1,509

I Ride: Track Bike - Honda QT50
Tex -> Worst salesman ever.
jimundascores is offline  
post #15 of 17 Old 09-12-2019, 05:31 PM
Track Star
 
Backmarker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Out in left field somewhere near Pa.
Posts: 566

I Ride: 11ZX6R race, ‘19 ZX6R race, Zuma street
I've got this thing up on the bar called a clutch lever.. I use it to down shift... yea that other thing called an auto-blipper in nice...and some say it's faster, easier ... but really, are you on that pointy end of the grid... cause if not, just go ride your ride.

I'll still beat you into T1. Maybe...
jd41 likes this.

2018 WERA Senior Superbike Middle Weight Expert National Champion

www.sichertengraving.com - www.Karns-performance.com -
Backmarker is offline  
Reply

  ZX6R Forum > ZX6R Forum > Mechanical and Technical




Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome