you're the most baby boomer-like stereotype person here.
Well. I'm a bit of an interesting character, or so I've been told. I think what can confuse people is that 90% of the time I have zero filter and speak or type the first thing on my mind. The other 10% of the time I manage to put on my professional face when required. Being professional means I just filter the first thoughts that pop into my head. LOL
I really am an extremely helpful person. There are a ton of people that will vouch for that. I have given out my spares to others when they crashed so they can keep riding. There have been times that I have driven people's rigs homes after they crashed and were unable to drive home, driving 3 hours out of my way. There's been times I've driven their rigs to my house until they were able to come get them once out of the hospital. I didn't even fucking know the person. But I do that because the love of the sport and don't post about it on social media in an attempt to draw attention to myself, in fact, I have never talked about those types of situations until this post.
But in the same breath, I have zero patience for lazy people, which is why you'll typically see two types of replies from me on here: Unfiltered ones and helpful ones. Don't get confused - both are unfiltered replies, but what type of response it is depends on the question. It's 2019 and if you are incapable of using google for the basic questions, well, my typical unfiltered response is going to be a smart ass one. You will get two drastic different replies from me if it's obvious you've attempted to research the problem or if you're just a lazy turd that can't be bothered to google or search for it on this forum. I've had a billion questions about Kawi's. I've posted very little questions...why do you think that is? Moving on to this thread in particular...
I'm not a fast racer, but I race with fast people. I am a solid mid pack club level expert, which to be honest, isn't all that difficult to achieve, especially since I can do it. Myself, like most any other racer, have been guilty on many occasions on blaming the bike setup for whatever it's doing wrong and why I can't go faster on it. In the last couple of years, I've had some truly fast people ride my endurance bike. And those mother fuckers get on that damn thing and click off laps 3+ seconds a lap faster than I can. Some of them never rode a 09-12 platform before that day. So how do you explain that? I want to blame the motor for getting tired and lacking that last bit of "umph" that a fresher motor would have. Then they go 3 seconds faster. They put 10 laps
on a bike they've never ridden
, and on lap 11, have gone faster on it than I ever have. Fuck me, right?!
I do have some damn good consistency on my lap times and I know exactly what I am, and am not, capable of. And I have worked with literally hundreds of riders over the years as a coach, and I've seen, and worked with, every type of rider in the paddock. I have seen Novice group guys insist on needing a new set of tires at the beginning of every track day, despite them not being within 45 seconds of the lap record. I have seen Intermediate riders obsess over gearing and tire pressure, when they were absolutely positive that one pound, plus or minus, was the reason "the bike is handling like shit and has no grip". Meanwhile, I go out and watch them on track, and they can't fucking hit two apexes in a row. They don't trail brake, at all, and wonder why the bike doesn't turn in well. Yeah, it's the bike setup alright...
Any modern bike, made in the last 15 years, is capable of running advanced group track day pace off the show room floor with a modern hypersport tire like a Q3 on it.