Another Chain/Sprocket Forum
…Because why not have another one?
So this is just more a record for me/assistance area/garage venting.
Took the plunge into the Pitbull front and rear sprockets. TBH I didn't even realize they made sprockets, and knowing Pitbull the quality has to be over engineered. Did the -1/+2 conversion as I desired just a wee bit more out of her out of some corner exits, and with the Brembo up front I (or at least my bike) will have the appropriate braking confidence.
For the chain, I went with non-other than the D.I.D. 520 ERV3 120 links sprocket kit. All together(incl. Master link) it ran me about $220.
Youtubing and service manualing how to do this, My questions concerns are the following:
Removing the front axle nut
1) How much torque is needed? I have a 48" breaker bar and wife to stand on the rear brake. Enough?
2) What is the part number for the front axle nut and washer? Looking to reorder and OEM nut and lock washer
3) And speaking of lock washer - how does one get a good solid fold on the axle sides one locked down? I image just a flat head screw driver wedging it in there but is there an easier method?
1) How many does/should the entire chain have with the Master Link?
2) I plan on getting a MoPro PBR kit, however how "flared" should the rivet be? Also when compressing the link together(pre-rivet) how compressed should they be? I know I may jack it up, which is why I ordered 2x more D.I.D. Master Links.
Hindle Exhaust(Can), SHOGUN FS, ASV shorty levers, Renthal C/O, BMC Airfilter,
2017 FZ-09(Street Queen). Akra Exhaust, Woodcraft everything else.
"The race is long and in the end its only with yourself"